FRESH AND ZINGY WATERMELON SALAD WITH VEGAN PARMESAN (V, GF)
Freshen up your summer menu with this light & zingy vegan watermelon salad with parmesan sprinkle. It’s a perfect addition to any summer party table, whether you are serving it as a starter or dessert. Vegan & gluten free.
For the salad:
- 4 cups watermelon diced (pips removed)
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- A bunch of fresh basil leaves finely chopped
For the dressing:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3-5 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp olive oil
For ‘parmesan’ sprinkle
- 1 cup cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- A pinch of black pepper
1. Combine watermelon, strawberries and basil in a salad bowl. Mix well and set aside.
2. To prepare the dressing, whisk lime juice, maple syrup and olive oil until well combined. You might have to taste the dressing at this stage and add more maple syrup if required.
3. Combine cashews, nutritional yeast flakes, sea salt flakes & pepper in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture has turned into fine crumbs.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad & mix well. Sprinkle with ‘parmesan’ and more fresh basil if desired.