Crepes are a little weekend treat in our family. I love experimenting with different flavours and combinations but when it comes to chocolate, always count me in!
These crepes are extremely easy to make – just put all the ingredients in a blender, whizz it all up for a few seconds and the batter is ready. I added unsweetened chocolate protein to the batter, which makes these crepes a perfect post-workout breakfast.
When it comes to toppings, I love serving mine with a drizzle of carob syrup and berries or a dollop of nut butter. I must confess though, I do miss not having my favourite maple syrup (it’s not candida friendly, hence I’m staying away from it) but at least there are some great alternatives.
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened chocolate protein
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1/4 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 x 1/4 cup nut milk
- 2 x 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg (replace with flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tsp xylitol (add more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil for frying
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for a few seconds until everything is well combined.
2. Heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour the batter and swirl it round the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
3. Serve with your favourite toppings.
Suitable for: candida stage 2 and beyond, gluten free, dairy free, yeast free, sugar free.