Creamy, smooth, silky, this no egg eggnog is super simple to make and takes very little time to prepare. Serve it cold with some ice or as a hot latte with whipped coconut cream and gingerbread biscuits – it’s the festive season after all!
This is it. The last week before the big day arrives… As much as I’d love to say that the presents are all wrapped up, the house is sparkling clean, the fridge is full to the bream with extra delicious food, candles are all lit in anticipation of Christmas, the situation in our household is ‘a little bit’ different…
Instead, I am frantically trying to finish all the jobs that have been on my ‘to do list’ for weeks, meet all the deadlines, finish writing up all the festive recipes for the blog, edit thousands of photos as well as balance the family life, business and a day job…. Whoa, I think someone definitely needs a well deserved break!
How do you find the run up to Christmas? Do you stay super organised and calm or do you ‘secretly’ do some things last minute? I think I need to work on my organisational skills a lot harder next year!
Anyway, back to the no egg eggnog! This vegan eggnog is by far my favourite festive recipe yet. Taking a sip of this smooth and creamy brew, spiced with all the Christmas aromas, instantly wakes up all the joyful feelings this festive season brings.
Although this no egg eggnog is quite creamy and rich on its own, you can top it with a little whoosh of whipped coconut cream to make it a creamy heaven (go on, it’s Christmas after all!)
If you’re feeling extra festive, stick some homemade gingerbread cookies on top of your cream and that’s what I call ‘Christmas in a mug’!
Oh, and just to remind you, there is still time to make some delicious meals for your festive table, like this easy yet nutritious Moroccan festive salad or perhaps this granola breakfast pizza or pumpkin spice waffles for Boxing day brunch and super simple chocolate cookies or gingerbread biscuits to get you through the day (or from one meal to another, let’s be honest here…)
May I take this opportunity to wish you and your families a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy every minute spent with your nearest and dearest over this holiday season, as this is what matters the most.
Happy holidays my dear friends and as always, thank you so much for taking the time to hop over to my blog and re-create my recipes.
MY BEST YET HOMEMADE VEGAN EGGNOG (GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE)
- 1/3 cup soaked cashews (soaked overnight in cold water or in hot water for 15 minutes), rinsed & drained
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 dates (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes & then drained)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp agave nectar (use more for a sweeter taste)
- 2 x 1/8 tsp arrowroot powder
- Optional: if you’re making an alcoholic option add 2 tbsp bourbon or rum
- 1. Combine all ingredients apart from arrowroot powder in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- 2. Transfer the eggnog mixture into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. As soon as the mixture is starting to bubble, add the arrowroot powder and keep stirring over low heat until the mixture is starting to thicken (for around 5 minutes).
- 3. As soon as you’ve reached the desired creamy consistency, take the eggnog mixture off the heat and let it cool down completely. Alternatively, you can serve it as a hot latte. If eggnog gets too thick when you serve it later, just add a splash of water to thin it out.