This post will be a short and sweet one. Thanks to so many of you asking on Instagram, I’m popping in to post the recipe for this delicious chocolate porridge for those of you who can’t wait to indulge in this decadent breakfast! It really does taste like Nutella, apart from it doesn’t contain refined sugar (I replaced it with maple syrup) or unnecessary palm oil fat (it’s been substituted with healthy fats from nuts).
Thinking about this Nutella porridge, have you ever tried making your own healthy chocolate spread? You know the one that you wouldn’t feel guilty eating with a big spoon right from the jar (she says)?! You can find the recipe for this healthy chocolate spread in my ebook here.
Enjoy this recipe my fellow chocolate addicts and thank you for stopping by on my humble blog.
The good old porridge with a chocolate twist. A perfect comfort breakfast for any time of the year. Gluten & dairy free and vegan friendly.
- 1/2 cup (gluten free) oats
- 1 cup hazelnut or any other plant milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (use more if needed)
- A handful of roasted hazelnuts (chopped in half)
- 1 tsp almond or hazelnut butter
- 1/2 banana for garnish
- Optional: 2 tbsp puffed amaranth
1. In a small pan bring the milk to a boil. Once boiling, add the oats and puffed amaranth (if using) and turn the heat down to gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add cinnamon and cacao powder and cook for another 5 minutes or so until most of the liquid is absorbed (if the porridge is too thick at this stage, add a little water to get to the desired consistency).
3. Take the porridge off the heat. Add maple syrup and almond/hazelnut butter and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle with roasted hazelnuts and garnish with banana.