You just need 6 key ingredients to prepare this creamy, smokey-sweet hummus, which will make a great centrepiece for any table. Load it up with Greek style salad, serve with pitta bread and you’re good to go! Vegan, gluten free & rich in plant protein.
Hello my friend! How is your week going? I don’t know about you but the days seem to be flying here and I still have so many things on ‘the to do list that was supposed to have got a lot shorter whilst we’re staying at home. You know that one? Saying that thought, I managed to re-decorate my bedroom, bathroom and upstyle my dining table! Have to give myself some credit I guess. Anyway, I hope you are doing well and finding some positives to take away from this challenging time.
Now, let’s talk about hummus, shall we? Are you a fan? If I’m honest, I don’t know many people who aren’t… In my eyes, it’s one of the best healthy snacks you can get your hands on. Whether you’re dipping vegetable sticks into it, smothering it all over your rice crackers, adding it to your salad or using it on your pizza, it’s a great dip to keep in the fridge for a quick fix snack or meal.
WHICH INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE SMOKED PAPRIKA HUMMUS?
I kept this smoked paprika hummus very simple. You only need 6 staple ingredients to prepare it. Yes, you heard it right! Just 6 key ingredients!
- Tinned chickpeas
- Tahini paste, which adds extra creaminess to this hummus
- Garlic, which is one of my top cooking ingredients, especially during this pandemic, as it’s well known for boosting the immune system and helping fight germs.
- Smoked paprika (not to be confused with hot paprika) adds a new layer of smokey-sweet flavour to this hummus
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Although this hummus is totally delicious on its own, I decided to take it up a notch and turn it into a Loaded Hummus Bowl by topping it with a mixture of chopped up vegetables (cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives), vegan feta cheese, pine nuts and chopped up coriander. Oh my goodness, my daughter and I kept digging into this bowl for a very long time! When I sent a picture of this hummus bowl to my girlfriends (oh the joys of staying in quarantine!), they all asked me to make it for them at out first post-quarantine gathering!
HOW DO I MAKE HUMMUS?
It couldn’t be any easier! Add all hummus ingredients into a food processor and blitz for 3-5minutes until smooth. And that’s it!
HOW TO SERVE SMOKED PAPRIKA HUMMUS
This loaded hummus bowl would make a great centrepiece for any table. I used beautiful peach pottery gifted to me by a very talented local pottery artist Jenny Hopper from JH Pottery, which made this hummus look even more photogenic, don’t you think? Feel free to head over to Jenny’s website and have a little browse.
So, when it comes to the hummus toppings:
- Fresh or grilled/roasted vegetables
I loaded my hummus bowl with ‘Greek Salad’ style veggies (cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives), vegan feta cheese, pine nuts and chopped up coriander. However, you can serve this hummus with any other vegetables of your choice. Roasted or grilled veggies (peppers, tomatoes, aubergines, courgette) would also make a great topping.
- Fresh herbs add a great flavour to the hummus. I love adding coriander to absolutely everything but I know some people find its flavour too strong. You can substitute it with parsley, chives, sage or any other herb of your choice.
- Pine nuts add an extra layer of crunch to this dish. You can use any other nuts or seeds of your choice: walnuts, cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc.
- Pitta bread triangles or tortilla chips will serve better than traditional spoons on this occasion
- As a finishing touch, add a little glug of extra virgin oil to make this hummus extra appetizing.
If you love hummus and healthy dips, check out my other recipes below:
As always, if you recreate this loaded hummus bowl, I’d be delighted to read your comments and hear your feedback. Be sure to drop a comment here on the blog, tag me in your photos on Instagram (Fit Foodie Nutter), Facebook or Pinterest so I don’t miss them. It gives me so much joy seeing your takes on my recipes!
Thank you for visiting my blog. I’ll see you next week.
Stay safe and keep well.
Pin for later
SMOKED PAPRIKA HUMMUS
- Food processor
- For hummus:
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To serve:
- Choice of vegetables diced tomatoes, cucumber, olives
- Vegan feta cheese diced
- Fresh coriander chopped
- Pine nuts
- Extra olive oil
- Pita bread triangles
- Place all hummus ingredients apart from olive oil into a food processor and blitz for 2 minutes until smooth. Whilst the motor is till running, start adding the olive oil in a slow but steady stream and process for another 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Adjust salt & pepper if needed.
- To serve with Greek style salad, dice tomatoes, cucumber, olives and vegan feta cheese and mix them altogether in a separate bowl with a little drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl, top with vegetables of your choice, sprinkle with fresh coriander, pine nuts and an extra drizzle of olive oil.