This super easy & quick beetroot & rosemary penne pasta will tick all the right boxes for Valentine’s dinner. It’s so easy to make that even if you’re not great at cooking, you can still master this one. Less time in the kitchen equals more time with your Valentine! Vegan & gluten free.
Did someone say Valentine’s Day?! Call me sad but I totally refuse to buy all this commercial rubbish that accompanies Valentine’s Day. Overpriced flowers, less than average food, poor restaurant service – you get the picture. One of the best ways to show someone how much you love and appreciate them is surely by cooking for them, right?! This would certainly work in my book!
This beetroot and rosemary pasta comes together magically in 25 minutes. It’s a perfect quick fix meal when you’re short of time but still want to make a delicious and healthy meal from scratch.
To make this beetroot & rosemary penne pasta I used steamed ready to eat beetroot. You can probably use pickled beetroot, although watch out for the vinegar in the beetroot, which will affect the flavours of the dish and might make it a little acidy.
I personally think that beetroot and rosemary go really well together, however if you’re not a fan of rosemary you can replace it with basil, sage or oregano. Or whichever other herbs you like.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day and best of all, cherish that company (yes, even if it’s your own company!).
As always, if you have a go at making this lipsmackingly delicious beetroot & rosemary pasta, I’d love you to drop a comment in the comment section below and tag me on Instagram @fit.foodie.nutter #fitfoodienutter so I can see your take on it.
Thank you for stopping by.
- 200 g (gluten free) penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g steam cooked beetroot (without vinegar)
- 1 rosemary twig (leaves only) finely shopped
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbsp water
- A handful of pine nuts (optional)
1. Cooked pasta according to the packet instructions.
2. Whilst pasta is cooking, add cooked beetroot, rosemary, mustard, garlic powder, salt & pepper & water into a blender and blend until smooth. You might want to add more water to keep the blender churning.
3. When pasta is cooked, drain it well and transfer back in the pan. Add the olive oil into the pan and mix well - this will stop pasta from sticking together. Pour the beetroot source into the pan and mix well to ensure the pasta is well coated.
4. Serve with pine nuts and a sprinkle of fresh rosemary.