MY BEST YET HOMEMADE VEGAN EGGNOG (GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE)
Creamy, smooth, silky, this no egg eggnog is super simple to make and takes very little time to prepare. Serve it cold with some ice or as a hot latte with whipped coconut cream and gingerbread biscuits - it’s the festive season after all!
- 1/3 cup soaked cashews (soaked overnight in cold water or in hot water for 15 minutes), rinsed & drained
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 dates (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes & then drained)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp agave nectar (use more for a sweeter taste)
- 2 x 1/8 tsp arrowroot powder
- Optional: if you’re making an alcoholic option add 2 tbsp bourbon or rum
1. Combine all ingredients apart from arrowroot powder in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer the eggnog mixture into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. As soon as the mixture is starting to bubble, add the arrowroot powder and keep stirring over low heat until the mixture is starting to thicken (for around 5 minutes).
3. As soon as you’ve reached the desired creamy consistency, take the eggnog mixture off the heat and let it cool down completely. Alternatively, you can serve it as a hot latte. If eggnog gets too thick when you serve it later, just add a splash of water to thin it out.