HEALTHY BANANA, PEANUT BUTTER & OAT COOKIES (VEGAN, GF)
Get prepared for a snack attack with these healthy 4-ingredient peanut butter, banana & oat cookies. Keep them plain for a perfectly healthy breakfast cookie (for both adults and children) or drizzle with dark chocolate & sprinkle with pistachios to make them even more delicious. Vegan & gluten free.
For the cookies:
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 cup GF oats
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup ground almonds
For the chocolate sauce:
- 150 g dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A handful of chopped pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a medium size bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add oats, peanut butter and ground almonds and mix until well combined.
3. Scoop out the cookie mixture onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper (allow around 1 heaped tablespoon per cookie). Slightly spread the cookie mixture with the back of a spoon into a round shape. Repeat with the rest of the cookie mixture.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown. Flip on the other side and bake again for 8-10 minutes.
5. For the chocolate drizzle, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl (either by microwaving in short bursts or by placing the bowl over a pan of simmering water). Dip one side of the cooled cookies into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.