THE EASIEST APPLE TART YOU’LL EVER MAKE (VEGAN)
This apple tart will probably be one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make! Light puff pastry base with a crunchy topping of pumpkin spiced apples. Top with some coconut yoghurt or ice cream for a little more indulgence. Vegan and free from refined sugar.
- 1 sheet of ready-made puff pastry (I used vegan)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted) for greasing the tin
- 4-5 apples , cut in half and thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Around 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. 2. Using a pastry brush, grease the tart pan with coconut oil. 3. Cut a big circle from your puff pastry sheet, enough to cover the base of the tart pan. Arrange the pastry circle at the bottom of the pan and gently flatten the pastry with the tips of your fingers, slightly pushing the pastry away from the centre towards the sides, so it forms a short lip around the base. Gently prick the base with a fork. 4. In a medium size bowl, combine sliced apples, lemon juice, spices and sugar and mix well to ensure the apples are well coated. Arrange the apple slices at the base of the pan in a circular shape, so they slightly overlap each other. Using a pastry brush, gently brush the maple syrup over the apples. 5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Take out of the oven and brush the apples with a little more maple syrup. 6. Serve plain or with a dollop of yoghurt or ice cream.