HEALTHY BANANA & RASPBERRY LOAF (VEGAN, GF, SUGAR FREE)
This healthy sugar free banana & raspberry loaf cake is probably one the easiest vegan cakes you’ll ever make and only requires a handful of ingredients to prepare. A perfect afternoon snack to accompany your cup of tea, especially when you serve it with a generous dollop of nut butter, just for good measure!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas , mashed
- ½ cup plant milk of choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil , melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- A handful of almond flakes
- Optional: maple syrup to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C fan. Grease a loaf tin with a little coconut oil, line with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, coconut oil & vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Add the wet mixture into the bowl with flour and stir until all lumps have been removed. Mix in chopped hazelnuts and raspberries (and additional maple syrup if you prefer your cake a little sweeter).
3. Transfer the cake mixture into the loaf tin, sprinkle almond flakes over the top of the cake and bake for 45-55mins or until the cake skewer comes out clean. Enjoy fresh out of the oven whilst it’s still warm with a generous spread of nut butter, just for good measure!