1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the diced aubergine, red pepper and onion into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with smoked paprika, salt & pepper and mix well.
3. Transfer the vegetables onto the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until slightly brown.
4. Whilst the vegetables are roasting, cook pasta according to the packet instructions. When cooked, rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
5. Remove the vegetables from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
6. Transfer the roasted vegetables into a food processor. Add sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, fresh basil and blend until the sauce resembles smooth consistency. If needed, add more salt & pepper to adjust to your taste.
7. If you prefer this pasta dish cold, just transfer cooked pasta into a bowl, add the desired amount of sauce and mix well. If you decide to go for a hot option, reheat the pasta in a pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil, add the sauce and cook for a few minutes until piping hot.
8. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, avocado, more pine nuts, fresh basil and black sesame seeds.