NUTELLA PORRIDGE. THE HEALTHY WAY
A good old porridge bowl with a chocolate twist. A perfect comfort breakfast for any time of the year. Gluten & dairy free and vegan friendly.
- 1/2 cup (gluten free) oats
- 1 cup hazelnut or any other plant milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (use more if needed)
- A handful of roasted hazelnuts (chopped in half)
- 1 tsp almond or hazelnut butter
- 1/2 banana for garnish
- Optional: 2 tbsp puffed amaranth
In a small pan bring the milk to a boil. Once boiling, add the oats and puffed amaranth (if using) and turn the heat down to gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cinnamon and cacao powder and cook for another 5 minutes or so until most of the liquid is absorbed (if the porridge is too thick at this stage, add a little water to get to the desired consistency).
Take the porridge off the heat. Add maple syrup and almond/hazelnut butter and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle with roasted hazelnuts and garnish with banana.