Bounty-licious chocolate protein waffles (gluten free, dairy free, vegan)
Light, soft, chocolatey – eating these waffles is just like indulging in the good old Bounty chocolate bar, only a healthier version of it. These chocolate protein waffles are perfect for a weekend brunch, as well as a great postworkout snack. Gluten free, dairy free and vegan friendly.
- 3 tsp ground linseed (flaxseed)
- 5 tsp water
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp chocolate protein powder of choice
- 3 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 x ¼ cups plant milk of choice
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
1. Mix ground linseed with water and set aside for around 3 minutes to allow the mixture to gel.
2. Turn on the waffle maker and allow it to heat up to the right temperature.
3. In a small jug or bowl mix the rest of the ingredients. Add the linseed and water mixture and mix well. Use a ladle when pouring the mixture into the waffle maker.
4. When the waffles are ready, garnish with your choice of toppings. I topped mine with seasonal figs, pomegranate, pecan nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup.